- Maintain/advance modeling tools used in aero-acoustic design and analysis and update as needed.
- Ability to design inlet and exhaust systems having demanding acoustics and low aerodynamic losses.
- Review, assess and evaluate customer RFQs and Specifications for product application; provide feedback to Application Engineer/Sales Team about any issues that impact feasibility or design development.
- Assist Sales and Application Engineering teams with customer proposals as needed.
- Provide technical leadership in developing products and business relationships.
- Research, track and report on global regulations and technologies affecting business.
- Perform field measurements, investigations, analysis and inspections including reports as needed.
- Support Sales on customer and site visits as needed; effectively communicate issues with customers.
- Hold in-house technical seminars educating staff and representatives in acoustic and aerodynamic designs.
- Publish technical papers in journals, magazines and similar media as possible.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Physics or Engineering with a focus in Industrial Acoustics or Noise Control.
- 5-8 years in Noise Control Engineering and Silencer design.
- Experienced using MS Excel spreadsheets and developing algorithms.
- Design silencers (reactive and absorptive) and ducting systems to meet aero-acoustic requirements.
- Silencer design and testing, performing field measurements and diagnostics.
- Familiarity with experimental testing and evaluation.