- Set-up and read precision measuring instruments including but not limited to bore micrometers, dial calipers, micrometers.
- Set-up test stands and temporary rigging to accommodate the measurement of surface runout and/or tramming.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure to accurately align and level machine components.
- Identify and use necessary hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Document and record necessary dimensions and inspection criteria for both in house and outsourced components.
- Apply safe practices to lifting and movement of precision equipment with the use cranes, dollies and forklifts
- Use of mill, lathe, drill, saw, bench grinder/sander and other powered tools used to assist the assembly of components. Operate a CNC press brake with programmable back gauge and CNC plasma plate burning.
- Ability to read and understand geometric tolerances.
- Ability to accurately measure material thickness and roughness using various instruments to a level of ten thousandths of an inch.
- Understand and demonstrate the proper use of specialized equipment in the aid of mechanical assembly including but not limited to the use of bearing heaters, hones, reamers etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)